Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pinhole Assignment


 
Personally I really like how our insperation for this project, can be derived from a favorite novel, poem or song lyrics. I actually chose the Lyrics to the song "Yo Ho Yo Ho" from the movie Pirates of the Carabean. For this project I went all over searching for a treasure chest at the thrift shops, I couldnt find any choices until I found this chest.


Once I found this chest, I started comming up with a lot of crazy ideas for this project, such as portraying a scene, similar to Sara's Texas chain-saw Massacure. I chose maps and sand, and spray painted gold rocks, until we had our first cretique, than I realized that I may have to many visual details.



Than as I continued working on this piece, I tryed to figure out how to add more light inside of the chest so that the viewer could see. So I placed a spotlight in random places until I realized that you could see it through the back as a distant red. This helped accent the strobe light and running water , sounds comming from phone located in the work.



Than later I just added a touch light behind my piece, and covered it in red tissue paper to portray the same feeling. This now makes my work a mobile piece that can be taken anywhere. I really think all of these changes to my work have helped make it a stronger work of art.





No comments:

Post a Comment