Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Plaster Assignment Response


 

From looking at the blog , the image of Anne Mourier's work really seemed to speak to me. I feel like the expressions of emotion that she portrays is incredable. Its amazing how free flowing and elegant she makes the legs along with her choices of materials for the base. I really liked this plaster piece.
 
As for my own plaster pieces, I feel like this was a great learning experience to work with different materials and plaster. I really enjoyed creating free forms, I feel like there was no pressure, and it started to make art fun again. It was interesting to see how just working with the plaster and adding materials; you could come up with such a pretty piece.
I would have to say that working with the plaster and wire was my favorite combination, because every time I combined the two the wire would rust and turn the plaster a pretty  brownish color.  I feel that my strongest pieces were also constructed with the cheesecloth.
 
 
Vocab:
 
Expressivefull of expression; meaningful: an expressive shrug.
                 -   (serving to express; indicative of power to express: a                         look expressive of gratitude. )
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment