Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tool Collection Assignment Response

When it comes to the tool making collection, this project sounds like fun.  We get to ceate a series of  tools that must “make a mark” or “make a sound”. Designing and constructing  the tools is a really inovative idea. I cant wait to start working on this project.

Consider: Will you design rudimentary tools? Or will the tools appear contemporary? Or perhaps another word to use is futuristic? A mixture? Who will be using your tools? Adults, children, a person with a disability? Or maybe you are designing for giants or lilliputians? Again, can be a mixture.

I thought it was interesting listening to (When Patents Attack!). It was  interesting to learn about how patents, which are designed to protect youe ideas and inventions, are now starting to hurt and cause more lawsuits now.  And learning about intelectual ventures (IV) which is a place that helps support inventors. Although listening to it was a little long I thought it was really interesting, and I felt like it gave me a lot of insight in the world of inventing.

As for listening to (Contents Unknown) I feel like a lot of the information was really different, but I found it interesting that i knew a lot of these interesting facts from watching media and keeping up with the world from time to time. But I feel like I learned a lot more about patent's that i didn't know before.

Vocab:

-Patent trolls- companies that amass huge troves of patents and make money by threatening lawsuits

 

No comments:

Post a Comment