Friday, June 8, 2012

Personal Project Assignment


For our Personal Project we were allowed to do whatever we wanted for this project. So I decided to experiment with Lights and glass. My goal for this project was to create something where you could see the light shinning through the glass.


As I started working on this piece,  it started to change before my eyes. I had originaly planned for it to be similar to a free standing light source that light up the room with bright colors of the glass. But from further discussion with you, you mentioned creating another light object and hanging it on the wall.   


 Thus as I continued to add to my work, I decided to decorate the background wall to help incorperate it into my artwork. That way my work didnt just look like a wall sconce.


I hid the wire for the lights in the tissue paper so that it was not visable, along with addint tin foil to the background wall so that it would reflect all of the colors of glass shinning through the light.


Thus I really enjoyed working on this piece, it reminded me of our deconstruct project, although I experimented more with the lights and the glass, and I think this piece came out Extreemly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment